Look My Food's On TV!

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Country Salisbury Steak

I found this recipe in the Fall 2006 Kraft Food and Family magazine. Instead of a gravy you saute mushrooms and add barbecue sauce and water. It think this is where the recipe goes wrong. I like barbecue and thought it would be a different twist but this would be much better with beef gravy. I didn't put the sauce on all the patties and I'm glad because for lunch I heated one up with mash potatoes and smothered it in gravy. I used chicken gravy because that is what I had on hand and it was much better than the barbecue.



Country Salisbury Steak
from Food and Family magazine

6 WW points per patty

Printer Friendly Version

1 1/2 lb. extra lean ground beef
1 pkg (6 oz) Stove Top Stuffing Mix for Chicken
1 1/2 cups water, divided
3/4 cup chopped onions
1 pkg (8 0z.) fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup barbecue sauce, I used Sweet Baby Ray's

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Mix meat, stuffing mix, 1 1/4 cups of water and onions until well blended. Shape into six 1/2 inch thick oval patties. I was able to make 7. Place on baking pan. I recommend spraying the pan with cooking spray because the extra lean ground beef doesn't have much fat in it and they stuck to the pan.

Bake for 25 minutes or until cooked through.

While the patties bake spray large skillet with cooking spray, add mushrooms and cook on medium high heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Add barbecue sauce and remaining 1/4 cup water. Reduce heat to low and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until sauce is heated through. Serve over patties.

Recipe makes 6 servings, I made 7. The sauce wouldn't have been enough for 6 patties if I would have liked the sauce.

Next time I make this I will bake the patties in beef gravy with mushrooms or cream of mushroom soup would be good to. I just think gravy would give it more flavor and be a lot better than the barbecue.

No comments:

Post a Comment