Look My Food's On TV!

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Italian Beef

I love Italian beef. What's not to love? Slow cooked beef in yummy spices until it falls apart served on a crusty french roll with melty cheese. If you like it moist serve with a side of Au jus. I like mine on the dry side. I don't like to dip the bread in the juice. The meat is juicy enough.

When I was deciding on what freezer meals to make I figured Italian beef would be perfect. I froze all the ingredients without cooking them first in a freezer bag. On the day of cooking I dumped it all in the crock pot and let it cook all day. The meat was even better the next day.

Italian Beef
as seen on The Pioneer Woman

Printer Friendly Version


1 beef roast, 2lbs
1 can beef broth
3 tablespoons Italian seasoning
1/4 cup water
1/2 jar pepperoncini peppers, with juice
1 gallon freezer bag

Directions on Freezer Day

In the gallon freezer bag place the beef roast and the remaining ingredients. Let air out of bag and seal. Label the bag and place in the freezer.

Directions for Cooking Day

The night before take out the beef roast freezer bag and place in fridge to thaw. Even if it is not totally thawed out that is fine. Place the contents from the freezer bag in the crock pot and cook on low for 8 hours. When done cooking shred beef with two forks and you are ready to make sandwiches.

I toasted my sandwich in the toaster oven. This is the before picture and the above is the after.

No comments:

Post a Comment