Look My Food's On TV!

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Name That Cookie

I'm not sure what to call this cookie. It has hot fudge, mint hot chocolate, and mint fudge mini cups in it. So maybe I should call the cookies Mint Fudge Cookies. I had wanted to use mint extract to enhance the mint flavor but I didn't have any. I did on the other hand have mint hot chocolate mix. The mint flavor is subtle in the cookie dough. When you get a bite of the mint fudge mini cups the mint flavor is stronger but not overwhelming. I'm not a huge fan of mint but these cookies are good and my hubby liked them. He is a fan of mint.


Mint Fudge Cookies

Printer Friendly Version


1 stick butter, room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup hot fudge topping
2 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 package mint hot chocolate
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup mint fudge mini cups or Andes baking chips

Pre heat oven to 350 degrees

In a mixing bowl mix together the butter, sugar, brown sugar, and hot fudge topping. Add eggs one at a time. Mix in vanilla. Mix in the package of mint hot chocolate. In a separate bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture until fully incorporated. Mix in the chocolate chips and mini mint cups.

Using a cookie scoop or teaspoon drop dough onto ungreased cookie sheet 2 inches apart. Bake for 9 to 10 minutes. Let cool slightly and remove from pan to cooling rack. Using a cookie scoop makes about 3 dozen cookies.















I found these at the Dollar Tree when I was in Arizona. I haven't checked to see if ours carries these. If you can't find this or something similar you can use the Andes baking chips available at most stores. I have seen them at Walmart.

1 comment: