Look My Food's On TV!

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Pumpkin Waffles

I got a waffle maker for Christmas. I already had a waffle maker but I like the round ones better than the square. I know I'm weird. This maker rotates too which I think is awesome. But I learned the hard way that the outside gets as hot as the inside when I brushed my arm against it and got burned. It hurt, lesson learned.

I decided to get creative today and make pumpkin waffles. I really liked the end product. My hubby thought they had to much pumpkin. Sometimes I'm sure he would like me to be less creative.


Pumpkin Waffles
7 WW points per waffle

Printer Friendly Version

2 cups baking mix or Bisquick
1 1/3 cups milk
2 tablespoons oil
1 egg
1/2 cup pumpkin
sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice, 1/2 to 1 teaspoon
dash of cinnamon, 1 teaspoon

In a bowl mix together the baking mix, milk, oil, egg, pumpkin, and spices. Pre-heat the waffle maker. Mine lights up when it is ready. Lightly grease the griddles with butter or cooking spray. Pour in 1/2 to 3/4 cup of the batter. I used more towards a 3/4 cup. Cook according to your waffle maker directions. I was able to make 5 waffles.

Using low fat Bisquick would probably lower the points.

This is what the batter looks like.













Yummy waffles.













No comments:

Post a Comment