Look My Food's On TV!

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Trip to Michigan cont. and Big Boy

Our hotel was right next to a Big Boy. I guess there used to be a Big Boy in Merrillville but I don't recall ever eating there. The hotel we stayed at had a continental breakfast but it was just cereal, toast items, and sweet rolls. They did have waffle makers but I don't think they do that during the week. Can't say I blame them. I think we were really the only people there.

So we decided to go to the Big Boy for breakfast. Of course Will wanted his picture taken next to the Big Boy and he wanted to take the big boy and put in in our yard as an ornament. I told him no. In the picture Will is holding up his invisible hamburger.

I was going to take pictures of our food but I was really hungry and it didn't get done. I had the blockbuster breakfast which had two eggs, two strips of bacon, two sausage links, hash browns, and your choice of toast, hot cakes, or biscuits. I got the biscuits and a side of sausage gravy. The food was very good. The gravy was a little spicy but it was a good gravy. The bacon was probably the best I have had out. It was crispy yet still a little chewy. Very, very good. Will had a build your own 3 egg omelet. He seems to like to build his own food since the night before he had a build your own burger. He had potatoes, sausage, bacon, and cheddar cheese in his omelet and it came with hash browns, and toast. He enjoyed it. If we had a Big Boy here I would frequent it. The breakfast was good and the prices reasonable. I have heard they have good burgers. May have to check that out the next time.















No comments:

Post a Comment