Look My Food's On TV!

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Trip to Michigan cont. and Kilwin's Chocolate and Ice Cream

On the path to New Holland Brewing Company is Kilwin's Chocolates and Ice Cream. I had to drop in. The chocolate smell when you walk in the door is incredible. I could just spend time in there breathing deeply. They had plenty of treats to choose from. We sampled their peanut butter fudge. It was very good.

Along with the normal chocolate confections were chocolate caramel Oreos, chocolate covered rice krispie treats, and chocolate striped Twinkies. Yes, folks that is typed correctly. Chocolate covered Twinkies. I thought it was really good and I know I can defiantly make them myself. I could probably make a whole box of them for the price I paid for one.

This was Will's pick and he liked it but said he didn't love the chocolate that they used. I thought the chocolate was good. I picked out a snapadamia. I'm pretty sure that is what it is called. I tried looking it up on their website and didn't find it. Basically it's macadamias covered in caramel and white chocolate. It was good but the macadamias overpower the caramel and white chocolate. When I try and recreate it, which I will, I think I will use fewer macadamias.





























1 comment:

  1. Lacey,
    I get boxes of Twinkies in those 100 calorie packs - there are 3 bite-sized Twinkies to a package. These would be great to make little chocolate covered Twinkies with. They might be dangerous though - you could just pop them like candy!

    ReplyDelete