Look My Food's On TV!

Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Best Chicken Tortilla Soup I Have Ever Made

Okay, okay I realize the title is really long and yes I just posted a chicken tortilla soup recipe last month but I can't keep quiet about, The Best Chicken Tortilla Soup I Have Ever Made. I loved it this much! Just envision me with my arms spread wide open. You can't, well it doesn't matter I think you get my point. I have been craving this soup lately and before you ask no I'm not pregnant. I'm just having a craving so I indulged myself and this soup doesn't cost me a lot of WW points. This recipe isn't to different than what I posted last month but I modified it some and it turned out so good. This will be how I make chicken tortilla soup from this day forward. Did I mention how easy it is since you cook everything in your crock pot? I didn't, shame on me. So easy and so yummy. I think the only thing missing is a little heat but if you don't like any level of spicy than this is for you. My hubby and his boys even liked it.



The Best Chicken Tortilla Soup I Have Every Made
12 to 15 one cup servings, 2 WW points per serving w/o extra tortilla chips or cheese

Printer Friendly Version

2 frozen chicken breasts
2 containers chicken broth
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 medium onion, cut into big pieces
1 Tb. minced garlic
1/2 cup cilantro
1 ts. sugar
2-3 carrots
2-3 stalks of celery
11 tortilla chips crushed

Slice up the carrots and celery into medium size pieces, set aside. In a food processor or blender, blend together the tomatoes, onion, garlic, cilantro, and sugar until almost smooth. You want to leave it a little chunky. Place the carrots, celery, tomato mixture, chicken breasts, and chicken broth into a large crock pot. Cook on low for 4 hours or until chicken is cooked through. Mine cooked for about 8 hours while I was at work. Take out the chicken and chop it up or shred it. Put the chicken back in the crock pot and add crushed chips. Cook for another 1/2 hour. Serve with more tortillas chips and shredded cheese. I think the cheese is a must but that could just be me. If you want your soup spicy blend as many chipotle peppers that you want to the tomato mixture. I think I would add one chipotle pepper without the seeds to this soup next time. With a little heat I think this would be the perfect chicken tortilla soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment