Look My Food's On TV!

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Chicken Parm Soup

I was looking up something the other day and came across a food blog called The Food in My Beard. I was like hmmm, what's this all about? I found out it is a really awesome blog done by gasp a man with a beard. Most of the blogs I stalk are done by women so finding one by a man is a welcome change. And he has a beard which I love. I'm definitely a beard loving woman. Just look at my handsome beard wearing husband. I told him the day he shaves off his beard I'll know he wants a divorce. If the beard goes, he goes. I kid I kid, not really. His beard just does it for me.

On this blog I found a soup called Chicken Parm. It looked really good and sounded easy enough. It was really good and was really easy since I cooked it in my beloved crock pot. I had to modify the recipe due to I didn't have everything I needed. That seems to happen to me a lot. Every week before I go grocery shopping I decide what recipes I would like to try. I check to see what I have and write down what I need. I forgot to buy diced tomatoes. I thought I had some at home but I'm out. I solved that dilemma by using a jar of marinara sauce. I think it worked out pretty well but since I haven't made it true to his recipe before I'm not sure how it compares.

Chicken Parm Soup
adapted from The Food in My Beard

15 one cup servings, 3 WW Points per serving

Printer Friendly Version

2 containers of chicken broth
2 frozen chicken breasts
1 jar marinara sauce
1 cup uncooked orzo
shredded Parmesan, for serving

In your crock pot pour in the broth and marinara sauce. Add the chicken breasts and cook on low for 4 hours. Take the chicken breasts out and chop them up. Place back in crock pot. Add one cup of uncooked orzo and cook for another 1/2 hour to an hour or until pasta is cooked. Serve with Parmesan cheese and cheese croutons, recipe below.


Cheese Croutons

6 servings, 3 WW Points per serving

Printer Friendly Version


1 french baguette, cut into 32 slices
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.

Place cut bread on a baking sheet. Sprinkle each slice with cheese. Bake for about 10 minutes or until cheese has melted.

If the bread is hard, like mine was, before baking that's fine because you will be putting them in the soup. I think this would be really good made into cheese garlic croutons as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment