Look My Food's On TV!

Monday, February 28, 2011

Chocolate Whipped Cream Cake

This my friends is Weight Watcher Friendly. And it's sooooooooooo good!!!! It tastes like a devil dog. My hubby even loved it. When I did my first turn at doing WW a few years ago I was told about making a cake with egg whites and diet pop. If you made cupcakes it was 1 point per cupcake. Now with the new points system it is 2 points per cupcake but that's not bad. Basically you take a box mix and mix it with three egg whites and a can of diet pop. Use light pop for light cakes and dark pop for dark cakes. I was going to make cupcakes but my pans were at the library. So I made a whole cake instead. Next time I will make cupcakes just because I can.

This is the cake frosted with fat free cool whip. It looks good like this but I can make it better.













That's what I'm talking about. Heated up chocolate frosting poured over it. Mmmm!!!

You hardly can tell it's WW.











Chocolate Whipped Cream Cake
a Lacey Original

Printer Friendly Version


12 slices, 6 WW points per slice
If you make 24 cupcakes it would be 3 WW points a cupcake


Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees

1 devil's food cake mix
3 egg whites
1 can diet coke or some other diet dark pop
1 container fat free cool whip, thawed
1/2 can chocolate frosting

In a bowl mix together the cake mix, eggs, and diet pop with a whisk or mixer. Split the batter between two greased 9 inch round cake pans. Or if making cupcakes split batter between 24 cupcake liners. Bake according to the package directions. Let cool.

Take the cakes out of the pans. Place one cake face first on a cake plate. Spread 1/4 of the cool whip over the cake. Place the second cake bottom down on top of the cool whip. Spread the remaining cool whip over the rest of the cake. In a bowl heat up the chocolate frosting for about 20 to 30 seconds. Heat just long enough to make it pourable. Let cool a minute and pour the frosting over the cake. Cut into 12 slices and enjoy. Refrigerate the leftovers.

If making cupcakes frost each with the cool whip and pour the chocolate frosting over each cupcake.

No comments:

Post a Comment