Look My Food's On TV!

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Mexican Beef Stew

I got this really yummy recipe from my friend and co-worker Laurie. Thank you Laurie because I really enjoyed this stew. Unfortunately my hubby thought it was to spicy. I didn't think it was spicy at all so I'm a little confused by that but I did eat it with cheese, sour cream and crackers. If it was spicy maybe all my extras cooled it off. But even if it had been spicy I still would have loved it. This recipe is so easy and cooks in your crock pot which I love. Crock pots are your friends. At least I think so anyway.




Laurie's Mexican Beef Stew

8 one cup servings, 4 WW points per serving

Printer Friendly Version

1-2 cups cubed leftover beef or pork
1 (14 oz) can pinto beans rinsed and drained, I used kidney beans
1 (14 oz) can whole kernel corn, drained
1 little can mild chopped green chiles
1 cup coarsely chopped onion
1 cup chunky salsa
2 Tbsp. chili powder
1 tsp. cumin

I added a can of diced tomatoes.

Put all in your crock pot, stir to blend. Cook on low 4 to 8 hours. Serve with crackers, crushed tortilla chips, cheese, and sour cream if desired.

2 comments:

  1. You can adjust the spiciness with the chili powder. I was in a hurry one night and forgot the spices completely. It was good enough, but I kept thinking, "something is missing." LOL! So you could try it with just 1 Tbsp. of the chili powder and see if he likes it better. I usually use black beans instead of pinto because I like them better. Also, I serve those sweet Hawaiian rolls with it - we like the contrast of the spicy and sweet. Glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been playing with this recipe and I added about 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro. Oh man, did it taste good! You can adjust the amount to your taste.

    ReplyDelete