Look My Food's On TV!

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Mini Reese's Cheesecakes

I checked out a cookbook from the library by Pillsbury called Easy As Pie. The one recipe I flipped to right away was called Candy Bar Pie and oh did it look good. I had most of the ingredients I needed except the candy bars and with the big storm that hit running to the grocery store was out of the question. So I improvised. And I made them mini. I really like the hold in your hand small bite desserts. I can have one or two without feeling totally guilty.

These have a mild peanut butter flavor and I really liked the crust. The crust needed to be thinned out a bit but other than that I thought they were tasty. I want to make this using the Snickers candy bars instead because I think they would be really good.

Mini Reese's Cheesecakes
adapted from Pillsbury's Easy As Pie Cookbook

Printer Friendly Version

1 package of 2 refrigerated pie crusts
2 8 0z. packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/3 cup sour cream
1/3 creamy peanut butter
12 mini Reese's cups, the new ones sold in a bag
1/4 cup Reese's peanut butter chips

Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees

Spray a mini muffin pan with cooking spray.

Lightly flour your work surface and place the pie crusts on top. Using a rolling pin thin out each pie crust. I left my rolling pin at the library so I used a cup but it didn't work so well and my crusts were a little to thick. Using a round cookie cutter cut out as many rounds as you can. Re-roll the scraps and cut some more until you have 24. Shape the rounds into the mini muffin pans. Place a mini peanut butter cup in 12 of the holes and in the other 12 place a few of the peanut butter chips. You can use all peanut butter cups but I wanted to make some without chocolate.

In a mixing bowl cream together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add each egg one at at time until well blended. Add sour cream and peanut butter beating until mixture is smooth. Using a small scoop or spoon fill each muffin cup with the batter.

Bake for 20 minutes.


I had left over batter so I took two ramekins and sprayed them with cooking spray. I filled each 1/2 full with the batter. I added some peanut butter cups and filled them up the rest of the way with the rest of the batter. I baked them for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment