Look My Food's On TV!

Friday, March 4, 2011

Cheater Biscuits and Gravy

When I say cheater I don't mean fattening because these are WW friendly. I say cheater because they are insanely easy to make. I'm not sure it can get any easier unless you used canned biscuits. I bought the Heart Smart Bisquick because it is low fat and better for you. The gravy is from a mix. I wasn't all that crazy about the McCormick mix because it was really peppery but if you like that then this mix is for you. I really like the country gravy mix from Wonder Bread Bakery. It's really good it's about the same amount of points. I love biscuits and gravy. It is my favorite thing to eat out for breakfast but as I'm sure you know country gravy is fattening and so are really good biscuits. This allows me to have my favorite without all the points.






Biscuits and Gravy

Printer Friendly Version

2 WW points per biscuit, yielded 17 biscuits
1 WW point 1/4 cup gravy

3 cups Bisquick
1 cup water
1 package country gravy mix

Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees

In a bowl mix together the Bisquick and water. Lightly dust your work surface with Bisquick and knead the dough 10 times. Roll out to 1/2 inch thick and cut with a round cookie cutter. Place on ungreased baking pan and bake for 11-14 minutes.

For the gravy follow the instructions on the package. Serve over the biscuits. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment