Look My Food's On TV!

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Pepperoni Pinwheels

When Will and I went to the New Holland Brewing Company in January we had these Pepperoni Pinwheel things that we loved. I tried re-creating them and I think they turned out pretty good. Not the same but still yummy. I made these just for Will so I didn't measure and I used mozzarella and Italian cheeses. When I make them for the both of us I will only use mozzarella and the WW points I calculated reflect that. I used french loaf bread because I'm not really fond of Pillsbury's pizza crust. I liked the way they turned out with the french loaf. And the mini turkey pepperoni's are really good to. Learn from my mistake. Do not put them on parchment paper. Even sprayed with cooking spray they stuck to the paper really badly. Next time I will grease the baking sheet really good and leave out the parchment paper or use my silicone baking mat.


Pepperoni Pinwheels
a Lacey creation inspired by New Holland Brewing Company

Printer Friendly Version


15 pinwheels, 2 WW points per pinwheel

1 can Pillsbury crusty french bread loaf
2 oz mini turkey pepperonis
2 cups mozzarella

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees

Place a sheet of wax paper on a flat surface. Open the can of french bread and unroll it. Once it is unrolled sprinkle half the pepperonis on the bread, follow with all of the cheese, and finish with the rest of the pepperonis. You could even sprinkle it with garlic powder or Italian seasoning. I might try that next time. Roll it up like a tube. Grease a baking sheet really well with cooking spray or butter. Cut the roll into 15 pieces and place each piece on the baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes. Serve with pizza or spaghetti sauce or ranch dressing.


No comments:

Post a Comment