Look My Food's On TV!

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Szechuan Chicken


I really enjoy Asian food. Heck, I really enjoy most food period. I found this recipe on a food blog I enjoy, Life as a Lofthouse. She recommends using Yoshidas Original Gourmet Marinade Sauce but I couldn't find any at Walmart so I used La Choys original stir fry sauce. Next time I would like to try the other sauce if I can find it and I would recommend doubling the amount that you use. The sauce really gives this dish it's flavor. It was good but could have been better with more sauce.


Szechaun Chicken
adapted from Life as a Lofthouse

Printer Friendly Version

10 one cup servings, 4 WW points per serving

2 chicken breasts, cut up into 1 inch pieces
1 cup La Choy original stir fry sauce
1 green pepper, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 package frozen broccoli
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 lb spaghetti
olive oil

Cook the spaghetti according to the package directions. When it is almost cooked add the frozen broccoli to cook. Once cooked drain the pasta and broccoli.

Coat a skillet with olive oil. Saute the green pepper and onion until soft. When done remove from pan and set aside. In the same skillet cook the chicken until no longer pink. Once cooked through add the green peppers and onion, garlic, and sauce. Turn the heat down and let simmer for 5 to 10 minutes or until sauce is heated through. Add the sauce mixture to the pasta mixture and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment