Look My Food's On TV!

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Turkey Tostadas

I seem to be on a roll lately with making tostadas. But in my defense I get a package with at least thirty corn tostadas at Aldis and I can't let them go to waste. What I like about tostadas is you can make various kinds, chicken, beef, turkey, veggie, or plain cheese. If you aren't a fan of turkey feel free to use lean ground beef. To me turkey has more flavor than lean ground beef but that could just be me. I thought these turned out really good and they are only 5 WW points apiece. Can't beat that.




Turkey Tostadas
a Lacey creation

Printer Friendly Version

5 WW points per tostada

1 package ground white turkey meat
1 package taco seasoning
1 can fat free refried beans
12 corn tostadas
2 cups reduced fat Mexican cheese


Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees

In a skillet cook the ground turkey until no longer pink. Drain if there is any fat. Sometimes there isn't. Place turkey back in skillet and add the taco seasoning with 3/4 cup water. Leave on heat until heated through. Place the corn tostadas on a baking sheet. Heat the refried beans in a microwave safe bowl in the microwave for about 1 minute. This makes it easier to spread. Evenly distribute the beans onto the tostadas. Place 1/4 cup of the turkey mixture onto each tostada. Use 1/2 cup cheese for every three tostadas. Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Serve with lettuce, tomato, salsa, or sour cream if desired. If you don't want to make up 12 at a time then don't. You can save the meat and beans for leftovers or freeze the meat for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment