Look My Food's On TV!

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Shrimp Po'Boys

I love shrimp. I'm not fond of fish but I love shrimp, crab, and lobster was good the one time I had it. Every year I look forward to Red Lobster's shrimp fest. It's so good and the last two years I have went our waitress just kept on feeding us. It was great. I can hardly wait to go this year. I like to incorporate shrimp into our dinners every now and then. It's pretty low in points and not very expensive. I found this recipe in a cookbook I checked out in the library. The cookbook is called Cooking Light Comfort Food Home Cooked Delicious Classics Made Light. The recipe calls to broil the shrimp which I think would have made these crispier but my broiler doesn't work very well so I baked them. I thought this was a very good sandwich.


Shrimp Po'Boys
adapted from the Cooking Light Comfort Food Cookbook

Printer Friendly Version

Four 4oz. servings of shrimp, 3 WW points per serving

1 lb. frozen large shrimp, thawed and tails removed
3 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon Panko, (optional)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning or more if you want it spicy
1 tablespoon olive oil
Rolls
lettuce, tomato, onion, and horseradish sauce, if desired

Pre-heat the broiler of yours works if not pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with heavy duty aluminum foil or a baking mat. Combine shrimp with oil, toss well. Combine breadcrumbs, panko, garlic, pepper, salt, and Cajun in a medium bowl. Stir well to mix together. Place half of the shrimp in the breading and toss to coat. Place on the baking sheet and repeat the process with the remaining shrimp. In the broiler cook for 4 minutes. In the oven cook for 10 minutes or until heated through.

Serve 4 ounces of the shrimp on a roll of your choice. Top with horseradish sauce, lettuce, tomato, and onion if desired. I think I would toast the roll next time. Give a little more crunch to this sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment