Look My Food's On TV!

Monday, May 23, 2011

3pt Homemade Oreos

I make Will his homemade Oreos using chocolate cake mixes. I wondered if I could make them for me modifying the recipe a little bit. Instead of oil I used water and instead of whole eggs I used egg whites. For the filling I used marshmallow creme. The batter isn't as stiff as the original recipe but I just used my smallest cookie scoop instead of trying to hand roll them. You could use two spoons if you don't have a cookie scoop. I think these turned out great and one of Will's friends must have liked them because he ate the rest of them. I wasn't to happy with Will giving away my cookies but I can make more.

3pt Homemade Oreos

21 servings, 3 WW points apiece

Printer Friendly Version

1 box chocolate cake mix
1/3 cup water
3 egg whites
1/2 container marshmallow creme


Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.

In a bowl mix together the cake mix, water, and egg whites. Using a small cookie scoop drop batter onto a greased cookie sheet. Flatten each cookie slightly with fingertips. Bake for 8 minutes. Recipe makes 42 cookies, 21 Oreos. Evenly distribute the marshmallow creme between 21 cookies. Top each cookie with another cookie. Enjoy.

If you don't want to sandwich these cookies together with creme you can eat them plain. They are really good and only 1 WW point apiece.

No comments:

Post a Comment