Look My Food's On TV!

Monday, May 30, 2011

Bisquick Pinwheels

Pizza is on my brain. I took a stab at making pizza pinwheels using Bisquick. Will and I both agreed that they turned out pretty tasty. I put pizza sauce in them but they needed a little more sauce so I served sauce on the side. I think these would be good dipped in ranch.

Bisquick Pinwheels
a Lacey original

8 servings, 4 WW pints per serving

Printer Friendly Version

2 cups Heart Healthy Bisquick
3/4 cup water
1/4-1/2 cup pizza sauce
9 slices reduced fat provolone
Toppings of choice (I used pepperoni on half and veggies on the other half)

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.

In a bowl mix together the Bisquick and water. On a clean surface dusted with Bisquick knead the dough 10 to fifteen times. Using a rolling pin roll out the dough to about 1/4 inch thick. Spread the sauce on the dough. Top with cheese and then the toppings. Roll up as tight as you can like a jelly roll. Spray a cookie sheet with cookie spray. Using a sharp knife slice the pizza roll into 8 slices. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until dough is cooked through and the cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment