Look My Food's On TV!

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Homemade Pizza Pockets


I have been having a terrible craving for pizza lately. Of course I have gotten back in my Weight Watcher wagon and I think pizza out is a lot of points. Who can only eat one or two pieces? Pita pizzas are really good but I wanted something different. These pizza pockets turned out really good. I wasn't sure how they would turn out when I made them. Sometimes my experiments just work out. I love when that happens.




Homemade Pizza Pockets


Printer Friendly Version

8 servings, 4 WW points per serving

2 cups of heart healthy Bisquick
3/4 cup water
8 tablespoons of pizza sauce
8 slices of reduced fat provolone cheese
Veggies of choice chopped up small, I used onion, mushrooms, and green pepper

Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.

In a bowl mix together the Bisquick and water. If dough is sticky add a little more Bisquick. If it is to dry add more water. On a clean work surface sprinkled with Bisquick knead the dough 10 to 15 times. Using a rolling pin roll out the dough. Using a large round cookie cutter cut out as many rounds as you can. Re roll out the remaining dough and cut some more. Flatten out each round a little more with the rolling pin. In the middle of each round spread a tablespoon of pizza sauce. Place a slice of cheese on the sauce. You may need to break up the piece of cheese to fit. Place some of the cut up veggies on top of the cheese. Fold the dough over and seal the edges together. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes or until dough is cooked through and cheese is melty.

No comments:

Post a Comment