Look My Food's On TV!

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My first baked good order!

A few weeks ago a woman I work with said she wanted me to make her ice cream cone cake pops and a small smash cake for her grandson's first birthday. And she was like I'm going to pay you. I was like all right then. My only problem is not knowing what to charge. I just told her to give me what she thought was fair. Yeah, I'm not the best business woman. Any way she wanted banana cake and since it was her grandson's first birthday I cut the cake to look like the number one. I have to say that banana cake pops are awesome. I had some left over that I dipped in milk chocolate, white chocolate, and peanut butter chips. Awesome!!! if you like banana.

Using an empty coke box I made an ice cream stand. It wasn't as sturdy as I would have liked it to be but it got the job done.

Banana Cake
Gina Neely's cupcake recipe from Food Network

Printer Friendly Version


2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 sticks of butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
3 teaspoons vanilla
4 large eggs
4 large ripe bananas, mashed
1 cup walnuts, optional (I didn't use nuts)

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.

In a bowl combine the dry ingredients, set aside. In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugar. Add the sour cream and vanilla. Slowly beat in the eggs one at a time. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined. Add the bananas and nuts. Don't over mix.

If making a cake grease a 9X13 pan. Pour the batter into the pan and bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.

If making cupcakes evenly distribute the batter into 24 cupcake liners. Bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a cupcake comes out clean.

Frost with cream cheese icing or icing of choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment