Look My Food's On TV!

Monday, May 30, 2011

Oven Roasted Corn Salad

When I make corn on the cob I normally shuck it and then boil the cobs in water. I have found a new way to make my corn on the cob. In the oven. Now this may not be new to most people but it was new to me. It takes a little more time but it was worth it. Once I get to grilling I'm going to try it on the grill.

This salad was really good. Very fresh and yummy.

Oven Roasted Corn Salad
adapted from Bobby Flay

Printer Friendly Version

12 ears of corn, soaked in water for 30 minutes (I removed pieces of husk that were hanging and the silk tassel on the top)
1/4 red onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup reduced fat sour cream
1 lime, juiced and zested
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 cup cotija cheese
2 tablespoons butter

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.

Place soaked corn on a cookie sheet and bake 30-40 minutes. I baked for 40. Remove from oven and let cool enough to handle. Remove the husks from the corn and cut the kernels off the cobs. Melt the 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet and add the corn and onion. Cook for 5 minutes. Add the sour cream, lime juice and zest, chili powder, cilantro and cheese. Cook for another 10 minutes. You can serve hot or cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment