Look My Food's On TV!

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sweet Potato Casserole

I never used to like sweet potatoes. Now I love them especially this casserole. It blurs the line between side dish and dessert.

Sweet Potato Casserole

Printer Friendly Version

4 small cans or 2 large cans of yams, drained and mashed
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup melted butter

For the topping:

1 cup brown sugar
1 cup flour
1 stick butter, softened
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts

Combine the first six ingredients and pour into a buttered 9X13 pan. In a small bowl combine the remaining ingredients until incorporated and crumbly. If the topping isn't crumbly enough add more flour. Sprinkle the topping over the casserole and bake at 350 degrees for an hour.

When I made the topping according to the recipe I didn't have enough to cover the casserole and I didn't have enough ingredients to make more. In the recipe I'm providing I doubled the ingredients for the topping. Hopefully that will be enough.



Ingredients for the topping.












It's ready to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment