Look My Food's On TV!

Monday, May 16, 2011

Veggie Pasta with Feta


I love grilling season. Since we have only had about two days of hot weather I haven't started grilling yet. When I do I will be grilling chicken and veggies. Grilled veggies in pasta is so good. Since I'm not grilling yet I cooked my veggies on the stove. Still really yummy. Disregard the whole wheat pasta. It didn't have an expiration date on it and when I cooked it up buggies were floating around. That's not the kind of protein I'm looking for. So I dumped it out and started over after washing out my pan and cooked up small shells instead. Using whole wheat pasta is healthier but not when it has bugs in it. This pasta was really good. If you don't like feta, Italian cheese would be good in this also. This is enough to feed a crowd so make it for your next picnic or grill party.


Veggie Pasta with Feta

Printer Friendly Version

About 10 one cup servings, 6 WW points per serving

2 zucchinis
1 yellow squash
1/2 red onion
1 container grape tomatoes
1 package of small pasta shells, or pasta of choice
1/2 bottle light balsamic vinaigrette
1 package reduced fat chunk Feta

Cut each zucchini in half long ways. Slice each half up into slices. Repeat with the yellow squash. Discard the ends. Finley chop up the onion. Lightly coat a skillet with olive oil, butter, or cooking spray. Add the onions. Let cook for about 5 minutes. Add the zucchini and squash and cook for another 5 minutes. Add the grape tomatoes and cook for another 5 to 10 minutes or until the skins of the tomatoes have started to pop. While the veggies are cooking, cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain the pasta and put in a large bowl. Add the veggies and the dressing. Cut up or crumble the feta and add it to the bowl. Place in the fridge for a couple of hours to let all the flavors meld. It's even better the next day. Or if you can't control yourself eat a bowl right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment