Look My Food's On TV!

Monday, June 6, 2011

Chicken Shish Kabob

Shish Kabob is so good especially on the grill. My cousin Kim makes amazing shish kabob. While mine was great I think hers might be better. I'm so happy grilling season is under way. I think everything tastes better on the grill.

Chicken Shish Kabob
a Lacey creation

Each chicken breast with marinade and veggies was 7 WW points. Points can vary depending on the size of the breast.

Printer Friendly Version

2 chicken breasts
1/4 cup olive oil
1 lime, juiced
1 tablespoon Roasted Garlic Seasoning, or any seasoning you want
Green Pepper, cut into chunks
Purple Onion, cut into chunks
Mushrooms would have been great if I would have remembered them or any other veggie that will hold up to the grill
Wooden Skewers, soaked in water for 15 to 30 minutes

The night before place the chicken breasts into a zip lock bag with the olive oil, lime juice, and seasoning. Mush around to get the seasoning all over the chicken.

Remove chicken from the marinade and discard remaining marinade. Cut up each chicken breast into medium size chunks. For Will's kabob I just did meat. I was able to fit his whole cut up chicken breast onto one skewer. He's not into veggies. For my kabobs I alternated chicken, green pepper, and onion. I was able to make two skewers with my chicken breast and veggies. I made a separate kabob with just veggies. Cook on the grill until the chicken is cooked through.


I made an easy side. I took a can of new potatoes and drained off the water. I took a can of corn and drained off the water. I took two pieces of foil and divided the potatoes and corn between the two foil pieces. I liberally sprayed them with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray or you can use real butter and sprinkled with garlic salt. I wrapped the foil packets up and threw them on the grill to cook while the kabobs did. Very good!






No comments:

Post a Comment