Look My Food's On TV!

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Congrats to the Class of 2011!


My Godmother's grandson graduated from Hobart High School on Thursday. Two hours sitting on bleachers is not fun. But the ceremony was beautiful and at the end the seniors put on a surprise dance to Black Eyed Peas, I Gotta Feeling. The dance was a gift to their parents and it was really cool. Going to graduation brought back memories of mine eleven years ago. I can't believe I have been out of school for that long.

To honor Anthony and some other graduates I know I created a cake ball graduate. The cap is made out of chocolate with a sour straw tassel and a snow cap to keep it on. The head is a cake ball dipped in chocolate with candy eyes. And the base is a sugar cone stuffed with cake and dipped in purple chocolate melts since Hobart's colors are Purple and Gold. I thought they turned out really cute. My Godmother thought so too. She wants me to make some for his party. If I remember I'll take step by step photos so I can post on here later.

Congratulations to Anthony, Colleen, Ellen, Erica, Jacqueline, Josh, and Zac. I knew a few graduates this year since some of them have worked at the library. I recognized a lot of the kids that have been coming into the library for years. That was nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment