Look My Food's On TV!

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Greek Style Turkey Burgers

Yes, that is a big bite taken out of that burger. I was hungry and I couldn't wait to take a picture before trying it. I thought they turned out really good. Will did not enjoy them as much as I did. Will probably would have liked them better if they had some grease and were made with beef. I use the really lean turkey so it's not fatty at all. I admit that these would have been even better with a bit of fat but I didn't want to spend the extra points. These turkey burgers have feta, oregano, and Greek yogurt in them. Yummy.



Greek Style Turkey Burgers

taken from Diabetic Livings Quick and Easy Meals Cookbook

4 servings, 4 WW points per burger w/o bun

Printer Friendly Version


1/3 cup plain breadcrumbs
1 egg white
1 tablespoon plain low fat yogurt
1 teaspoon oregano
1/3 cup crumbled reduced fat feta cheese
1 lb ground turkey
pepper
4 light hamburger buns

In a bowl mix together the bread crumbs, egg white, yogurt, oregano, 1 tablespoon feta cheese, turkey, and pepper. Shape into four patties. Cook on grill or in a skillet until cooked through. Serve on hamburger buns with onion, tomato, and more feta cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment