Look My Food's On TV!

Monday, August 22, 2011

Oven Fried Drumsticks


I have given myself a goal this week of cooking every day, Monday-Sunday. I haven't done that in a long time. Cooked everyday I mean. It's just to easy to go out to eat, especially when I'm tired after a day of work. But I'm tired of spending money every week on groceries and then spending about the same amount on eating out. It's getting way too expensive. Not to mention unhealthy. No matter how hard I try it's hard for me to pick healthy choices when I go out to eat. Really what's the fun in that. So I came up with a meal plan this week. Like I said my goal is to follow it.


Monday: Oven Fried Drumsticks
Tuesday/Wednesday: Zuppa Toscana Soup with Garlic Breadsticks
Thursday: Rio Rancho Tacos
Friday: BBQ Chicken Pasta (Recipe to Come)
Saturday: Turkey Sausages and Brats on the Grill
Sunday: Left Overs

These Oven Fried Drumsticks were so good. Will said they were awesome, which in Will speak means I got an A plus from him. Very flavorful and very moist. They had a nice crunch to them. I will definitely be making these again. I can have three for only 6 points. Score! I served these with mashed potatoes and we had a very nice meal.


Oven Fried Drumsticks
taken from Hungry Girl

Makes 3, 2 drumstick servings at 4 WW points per serving

Printer Friendly Version

6 raw chicken drumsticks, skin removed
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup Fiber One Bran original cereal
3/4 tsp. garlic powder
3/4 tsp. onion powder
3/4 tsp. oregano
1 1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. chili powder
1/4 cup Egg Beaters

Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees

Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside. Hungry Girl says to use a blender or food processor to grind the cereal into a bread crumb like consistency. I just put the cereal into a large zip lock bag and used a rolling pin. Once I had the cereal to the bread crumb consistency I added in the rest of the spices right into the bag. Set aside.

Place the Egg Beaters in a wide shallow bowl. Two at a time, coat the drumsticks in the Egg Beaters, gently shake to remove excess liquid and place in the bag with the crumbs. Seal and shake to coat. Transfer the drumsticks to the baking sheet and repeat with the other drumsticks. Bake for 20 minutes and then flip over and bake for 2o more minutes, until crispy and cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment