Look My Food's On TV!

Monday, January 2, 2012

Chicken and Biscuit Casserole


I spend too much time looking at food blogs. I'll admit I stalk a few. I came across Emily Bites a couple of weeks ago and have already made two of her recipes. Both were really good and she also posts the WW points. I look forward to trying many more of her recipes.

You can't see it in the picture very well but there is a biscuit in the middle of those vegetables. The biscuits did bake up very brown and after 35 minutes the biscuits weren't quite done. I flipped each biscuit over and put it back in the oven for 5 more minutes. That did the trick. This was yummy comfort food without all the fat. I will be making this again.

When I calculated the points this was a point higher a serving than Emily Bites calculation. But I did change a few things in the recipe.

Chicken and Biscuit Casserole
adapted from Emily Bites

6 servings, 7 WW points per serving

Printer Friendly Version

1 can 98% fat free Cream of Chicken Soup
1 can (12.5 oz) chunk chicken, drained
3/4 cup fat free sour cream, divided
1 package (16 oz) frozen mixed vegetables
1 cup Weight Watchers Mexican Shredded Cheese
1 cup Heart Smart Bisquick
3 T skim milk

Pre heat oven to 375 degrees

In a 8X8 pan mix together the cream of chicken soup, chunk chicken, 1/2 cup sour cream, mixed vegetables, and cheese until combined. In a bowl mix together the Bisquick, milk, and remaining 1/4 cup sour cream until dough becomes stiff. Drop 6 even mounds of biscuit dough on top of the chicken mixture. Bake for 35 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment