Look My Food's On TV!

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Chicken Rollatini with Spinach

This is a terrible picture. I scarfed this down the night I made it without taking a picture and this was the leftovers. I'm pretty good now about having my camera on hand but every now and then my hunger gets the better of me. This was a very delightful meal. I served it with my garlic bread sticks but for a lighter fair serve with some veggies or a salad. I got this recipe from Gina's Skinny Taste. She has some wonderful food on her site and the great thing is she has WW points to go along with all of her food. I will be making this again.


Chicken Rollatini with Spinach
adapted from Gina's Skinny Taste

8 servings, 6 WW points per serving

Printer Friendly Version

8 thin chicken cutlets, 3 oz. each
1/2 cup fiber one cereal, finely crushed
Seasonings like garlic, Italian seasoning, and onion powder.
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
1/4 cup egg beaters
5 oz. frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry of extra water
1 cup of fat free cottage cheese
8 slices reduced fat provolone cheese
1 cup spaghetti sauce

Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.

Lightly spray a baking dish with cooking spray. In a bowl mix together the cottage cheese, spinach, and 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese. In another bowl mix together the finely crushed fiber one cereal with seasonings of your choice and remaining Parmesan cheese. In another bowl pour in the egg beaters. Lay out the chicken cutlets. Divide the cottage cheese mixture evenly between the cutlets. Working with one cutlet at a time roll it up loosely, dip in egg, dip in breadcrumbs, and place seam side down in baking dish. Repeat with the remaining cutlets. Spray cutlets with cooking spray. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and top with sauce and cheese. Bake for 5 more minutes or until cheese is bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment