Look My Food's On TV!

Friday, January 6, 2012

Strawberries and Cream Trifles


Isn't that pretty? It was so yummy and guilt free. I found this delectable treat on Dashing Dish. She really has some great healthy recipes. I made this for work today and instead of making it in a trifle bowl I decided to do individual servings. I don't have a trifle bowl but one day I would like to get one. I thought the individual servings were cute and made knowing how many points I was eating a snap. I made 15 small cups but I think I could have easily been able to make 20-24. I made angel food cake from a box and used my mini bundt cake pan. That made 24 mini angel food cakes. I did evenly distribute the cake between the 15 cups but I'm sure I could have used one cake per cup. I had left over pudding and whipped cream so I think I could have gotten 24 cups.

I think I will be making these quite often.


Strawberries and Cream Trifles
from Dashing Dish

15 servings, 3 WW points per serving
24 servings, 2 WW points per serving

Printer Friendly Version

1 package sugar free fat free vanilla pudding
2 cups skim milk
1 Angel food cake, cut into 1" cubes or (1 box of Angel Food cake mix)
1 (16 oz) package fresh or frozen strawberries, sliced lengthwise
1 (16 oz) container light or fat free cool whip

Prepare pudding with milk according to package directions. To the pudding mixture, add half of the cool whip. (Set the rest of the cool whip aside to garnish on top of each trifle). Make layers in clear glass cups (or in a trifle dish/big glass bowl if you prefer) starting with the angel food cake, pudding/cool whip mix, and strawberries. Repeat until the cups (or trifle dish/bowl) are full. Garnish with the left over whipped topping, a few strawberries. Cover and chill in the fridge at least 4 hours before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment