Look My Food's On TV!

Friday, January 27, 2012

Twinkie Dessert

I'm always looking for easy dessert ideas and who doesn't like a Twinkie every now and then. I saw this on The Country Cook and knew I wanted to try it. I had my opportunity to make this for a party a week ago and it turned out yummy. I think next time it could used more Twinkies. I think the pudding and fruit over powers the Twinkie. Maybe Twinkie, fruit, Twinkie, pudding, and then Cool Whip. Doesn't it look pretty with the cherries and nuts on top.




Twinkie Dessert
from The Country Cook

Printer Friendly Version

1 box Twinkies
4 bananas, peeled and sliced
1 can crushed pineapple, drained
1 box (3 oz) Instant Vanilla pudding
2 cups cold milk
1 tub Cool Whip
Maraschino cherries and chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)

Slice about 7 Twinkies in half. Place cream side up in a 9X13 pan. Layer sliced bananas on top of Twinkies. Spread the crushed pineapples on top of the bananas. In a bowl mix together the pudding with the milk. Let sit for 3-5 minutes. You want to thicken but still be pourable. Pour over pineapple. Now this would be where I would put more Twinkies, then do the pudding. Spread Cool Whip over pudding. On a paper towel drain several maraschino cherries. Place them in intervals over dessert and sprinkle with nuts. Cover and let sit in fridge for an hour before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment