Look My Food's On TV!

Friday, February 17, 2012

Fake Shakes

I love Dashing Dish food website. The author Katie just knows what us foodies that are trying to lose weight and stay healthy are craving. She had me with these I Can't Believe It's Not Milkshakes. I have a terrible sweet tooth. I always have. Ice cream is one of my top favorite sweet treats. I think that these fake shakes are really good and the secret ingredient is cottage cheese. No, your eyes are not deceiving you. You read that right, cottage cheese. It makes these shakes nice and thick and you can't taste the cottage cheese, I promise. If you really don't like cottage cheese you can use yogurt. Katie has some awesome shake recipes but you can really put anything you want in them. One of the ingredients is protein powder but I have omitted the protein powder and still enjoyed the shakes.

The top picture is Frozen Hot Chocolate and the picture below has blueberries, strawberries, and chocolate syrup.

Both were very yummy. I have made just regular chocolate shakes, coffee mocha shakes, Oreo cookie shakes and I have many other combinations running in my head. You get that whole big glass for around 7 points or less depending on what you put in it. I'm in love.

Fake Shakes
adapted from Dashing Dish

Printer Friendly Version

Point values depend on what you put in it

1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese
1 scoop (120 or less calories) protein powder any flavor
1 tray ice
1/2 cup water or coffee
add ins of choice (fruit, diet hot chocolate, sugar free syrups, crushed cookies)

Add cottage cheese, protein powder, ice, water/coffee, and add ins into the blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a glass and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment