Look My Food's On TV!

Friday, February 17, 2012

Pizza Egg Rolls

I, Lacey Klemm, am a Pinterest addict. It has been one day since I have pinned. I love that site and I probably shouldn't have taken that first step to becoming a member because I really am obsessed. One of the yummy pins I saw was a pizza cone. I only ever see those when I'm at fairs or the Taste of Chicago. I got to thinking, how could I make a WW friendly pizza cone. I immediately thought of using wonton wrappers, but they are so small. I didn't want to have to make 50 pizza cones. :) So the next best thing was egg roll wrappers. I just couldn't think of how to keep the cone shape. Trying to make a cone shape with a thin egg roll wrapper is hard. The picture to the left was my one and only attempt. After the first one I just decided to make pizza egg rolls. They reminded me of pizza pockets. I think these are awesome and at 3 points apiece I'm in pizza heaven.

Pizza Egg Rolls
A Lacey Creation

Printer Friendly Version

8 servings, 3 WW points per serving

8 egg roll wrappers
1/2 cup pizza sauce (I really like Mids)
8 Weight Watcher string cheeses
chopped green pepper, onion, mushrooms
pepperoni or sausage (count points accordingly)


Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.

Spread about a tablespoon of pizza sauce on an egg roll wrapper. Place a whole string cheese down the middle of the wrapper, or you can cut up the cheese and spread it over the wrapper. Place about a 1/4 cup of the veggies on top and roll up the wrapper like an egg roll. Place it on a baking sheet and repeat with the other wrappers. Spray the rolls with cooking spray and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment